Technical Account Manager | Full Time
Manager: Director of Client Services
Team: Services Team
External: Existing Client Base, Vendors, Prospects
Location: New Brighton, MN
What We Do
Mytech Partners, Inc. is a managed services technology company that strives to provide the best IT experience in North America. We work with hundreds of businesses around the country, helping them to grow and providing solutions to their IT challenges. Our clients see us as an extension of their business, so we focus on building unique relationships with each of them, providing vision and strategy for their technology needs, and responding quickly when a technical issue is hindering their work.
Mytech is made up of smart, experienced, hard-working people. We look for team members who are focused on meeting the needs of our clients and are willing to go above and beyond to do so. Our core values of Communication, Happiness, Accountability, and Improvement represent who we are and who we are constantly striving to be.
The main focus of this position is to maintain and improve the IT infrastructure and network performance for a subset of Mytech Partner’s customer base. You will be responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and documenting managed clients’ network infrastructures as well as making recommendations for improvements to existing hardware, software, and overall IT services. You will also assist with end user issues, validate adherence to Mytech-approved procedures and standards, and serve as an escalation point for customer issues and emergencies.
This position will be part of Mytech’s Service Team, and will work together to execute the primary duties and responsibilities of the department. There will be certain tasks that require travel to customer sites and time spent outside of standard business hours.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service and high touch support for specific client networks and the end users
- Create documentation for assigned customers (configurations, standard procedures, compliance)
- Identify unique needs of each customer – develop, document, and validate solutions and procedures that meet the specific requirements of the organization
- Ensure overall stability of assigned customer environments (including, but not limited to Servers, Workstations, Switches, WAPs, Firewalls, Software / Line of Business Applications, etc.)
- Analyze root cause - identify and recommend solutions/upgrades for new or existing IT constraints
- Escalation point during and after business hours for support issues and emergencies
- Escalation point in disaster recovery scenarios
- Serve as technical consult for sales team
- Mentor & train other service team members around customer policies, compliance
- Daily time entry and accurate record keeping
Skills and Requirements
- Preferred 5 years industry experience, specifically supporting Microsoft based environments
- Required Proficiencies: Windows Desktop platforms (Win7, Win8, Win10); Windows Server platforms (2008, 2012), Active Directory, Group Policy, Advanced Networking (HP and Cisco Switch Configurations, VLAN, VPN, NAT, Routing, Wireless)
- Preferred Proficiencies: Exchange, SQL, StorageCraft, SAN, Citrix, VMware, Hyper-V, O365, Azure, and other MS Cloud and Hosted Solutions
- Ability to concisely document processes, issues, and resolutions; professional writing skills required
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to successfully and effectively work independently and within a team structure
- Self-motivated and responsive to Management and customers
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with time tracking/ticketing software desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard help desk service call methods and procedures
- Exceptional ability to develop productive and positive customer relationships
- Professional Certifications required based on Mytech training standards: MCSA, MCSE, CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, VCP-DCV
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, regular attendance and the ability to communicate in a professional manner is necessary. The employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Computer use is required on a daily basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This position requires you to work from our office in New Brighton, MN. We will happily accept out of town applications; however, we do not provide relocation assistance.
Please send a cover letter and a resume to HR@mytech.com if you are interested.
career position posted 12/12/2016