Service Desk Technician | TIER III / Level 3 | Full Time
Manager: Service Manager
Internal: Reports to Service Manager
Team: Service Team
External: Existing Client Base
Location: New Brighton, MN
What We Do
Mytech Partners, Inc. is a managed services technology company that strives to provide the best IT experience in North America. We work with hundreds of businesses around the country, helping them to grow and providing solutions to their IT challenges. Our clients see us as an extension of their business, so we focus on building unique relationships with each of them, providing vision and strategy for their technology needs, and responding quickly when a technical issue is hindering their work.
Mytech is made up of smart, experienced, hard-working people. We look for team members who are focused on meeting the needs of our clients and are willing to go above and beyond to do so. Our core values of Communication, Happiness, Accountability, and Improvement represent who we are and who we are constantly striving to be.
The main focus of this position is to remotely support our managed clients' network infrastructures and the end users. This position will be part of our Help Desk Team and will work together to execute the primary duties and responsibilities of the department. There will be certain tasks that require time spent outside of standard business hours, such as an on-call rotation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Remote support of Mytech Partner’s managed services clients from 8:00AM – 5:00PM, M-F (1 hour unpaid lunch)
Respond to client service requests
Troubleshoot client technical issues
Work with third party vendors to resolve client technical problems
Serve as an escalation point for L1 and L2 engineers
Answer phone calls and assist with after-hours emergency support
Assist in disaster recovery and emergency situations
Perform scheduled maintenance for client networks
Assist with application updates, platform upgrades, and patching
Document all steps taken and issue resolution
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to successfully perform in this position.
- Minimum 2 years industry experience, specifically supporting Microsoft based environments
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of SMB networks, infrastructure, and equipment
- Experience supporting the following technologies: Required: Windows Desktop OS’s (XP, Vista, Win7, Win8); Windows Server platforms (2003/2008/2012), Active Directory, Group Policy; Preferred: Exchange platforms (preferably, 2007/2010/2013), VLAN, VPN, HP and Cisco Switch Configurations, Routing, Wireless, Cisco, and SonicWall firewall solutions
- Ability to concisely document processes, issues, resolutions; strong writing skills required
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and respond with sense of urgency
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to successfully and effectively work independently and within a team structure
- Self-motivated and responsive to Management and customers
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with time tracking/ticketing software desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard help desk service call methods and procedures
- Exceptional ability to develop productive and positive customer relationships
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, regular attendance and the ability to communicate in a professional manner is necessary. The employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Computer use is required on a daily basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
career position posted 05/02/2018