PROJECT ENGINEER | TIER II | Full Time
Manager: Project Manager
Team: Project Services Team
External: Existing Client Base
Location: New Brighton, MN
What We Do
Mytech Partners, Inc. is a managed services technology company that strives to provide the best IT experience in North America. We work with hundreds of businesses around the country, helping them to grow and providing solutions to their IT challenges. Our clients see us as an extension of their business, so we focus on building unique relationships with each of them, providing vision and strategy for their technology needs, and responding quickly when a technical issue is hindering their work.
Mytech is made up of smart, experienced, hard-working people. We look for team members who are focused on meeting the needs of our clients and are willing to go above and beyond to do so. Our core values of Communication, Happiness, Accountability, and Improvement represent who we are and who we are constantly striving to be.
As a Project Engineer (Tier 2), you’ll be spending most of your time working in a variety of complex technical environments. You will develop and implement project work plans for a wide range of customers and solutions. You will work to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve challenging technical problems, and you will serve as an escalation point for Mytech’s project team. You will interact regularly with customers that have a wide range of technical understanding.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in conjunction with the Project Manager to implement projects successfully
- Review scope of work and manage implementation of projects
- Provide remote and on-site server/workstation support and maintenance
- Install applications and operating systems on client hardware
- Test new products and technologies prior to deployment
- Create thorough and accurate documentation on all projects and support incidents
- Identify improvements associated with tools and techniques utilized by team members
- Administer and support Microsoft-based client networks
- Investigate user problems and identify their source; determine solutions; test and implement solutions
- Configure and install servers, Windows networks, firewalls, switches and other related equipment, devices and systems
- Assist personnel of other departments as a technical resource and an escalation point
- Assist internal teams with inquiries regarding new and current network deployments and reconfigurations
- Provide supplemental training to clients and Mytech staff
- Represent Mytech Partners in a positive, professional, and enthusiastic manner when working with customers and staff
- Support and adhere to the company’s core values
- Perform other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required
- All Windows desktop and server operating systems
- Active Directory, Group Policies
- Microsoft Exchange Platforms
- Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint administration
- RMM platforms such as N-Able, LabTech, or Kaseya
- Switch configurations, routing, wireless, VPN
- Network security products from Cisco, Sonicwall, Watchguard
- VMware and Hyper-V virtualization platforms
- Backup products such as StorageCraft, Datto, or Veeam
- Enterprise Anti-Virus platforms such as Sophos, Bitdefender, Webroot, etc.
- All Microsoft Office Productivity Suites - Apple product knowledge a plus, iOS/osX
- Minimum 2-years industry experience, specifically supporting Microsoft-based environments
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of SMB networks, infrastructure, and equipment
- Ability to concisely document processes, issues, resolutions; strong writing skills required
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and respond with a sense of urgency
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to successfully and effectively work independently and within a team structure
- Highly organized, analytical, creative and adaptive with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, customer-centric environment
- Self-motivated and responsive to management and clients
- Experience working with ticketing software desired
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Exceptional ability to develop productive and positive customer relationships
- Variable hours/flexible shifts may apply
- Ability to work at Mytech Partners, Inc. Corporate Office, located in Minneapolis\Saint Paul Area -This is a local opportunity and NOT a remote position.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, regular attendance and the ability to communicate in a professional manner is necessary. The employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Computer use is required on a daily basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This position requires you to work from our office in New Brighton, MN. We will happily accept out of town applications; however, we do not provide relocation assistance.
Please send a cover letter and a resume to HR@mytech.com if you are interested.
career position posted 10/27/2016