PrOJECT MANAGER | Full-TimE
Manager: Branch General Manager
Team: Help Desk Technical Services Team
External: Existing Client Base
Location: New Brighton, MN
What We Do
Mytech Partners, Inc. is a managed services technology company that strives to provide the best IT experience in North America. We work with hundreds of businesses around the country, helping them to grow and providing solutions to their IT challenges. Our clients see us as an extension of their business, so we focus on building unique relationships with each of them, providing vision and strategy for their technology needs, and responding quickly when a technical issue is hindering their work.
Mytech is made up of smart, experienced, hard-working people. We look for team members who are focused on meeting the needs of our clients and are willing to go above and beyond to do so. Our core values of Communication, Happiness, Accountability, and Improvement represent who we are and who we are constantly striving to be. Mytech provides comprehensive employment benefits, including health insurance, PTO and sick time, and 401K match.
A Mytech Partners Project Manager owns projects from the signing off of the customer through documentation and final implementation. They will maintain the fine balance between speed and quality while simultaneously meeting Mytech’s profitability standards.
A Mytech Project Manager will have sufficient business acumen to:
- Understand the vision for Mytech’s project execution and use that understanding to deliver projects in a manner that supports the vision
- Understand his/her strengths and limitations, and involve the other Branch Managers as appropriate to ensure that projects are delivered at a high level of excellence
- Understand client business objectives and use that understanding to ensure that Mytech sells and delivers a project that supports those objectives
- Manage projects using accepted project management best practices
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of project management processes, procedures, templates, and best practices
- Communicate clearly and consistently with client stakeholders, sales staff, engineering staff, and other vendors throughout the project lifecycle, and ensure that others at Mytech are doing the same
- Write project documents, including SOW, Risk Analysis, Design Summaries, etc.
- Create or audit non-technical scoping documents
- Ensure completion of project documentation – both the documentation to be delivered to the customer and internal documentation
- Manage other vendors during shared projects (phone system vendors, cabling, data circuit providers, etc.)
- Manage clients’ expectations prior to and during technical implementations
- Resolve clients’ concerns with any project issues
- Ensure a smooth logistical hand off between Sales and project engineer(s)
- Conduct profitability analysis for each project and report to Field Services Manager
Mytech Project Manager will have sufficient technical acumen to:
- Audit lead engineer plans to ensure they are properly prepared prior to the commencement of technical execution
- Lead the process of developing technical solutions to unforeseen mid-project issues
- Know when engineers are under qualified/overqualified for a particular task or are in need of assistance
- Converse intelligently with other vendors (phone system vendors, cabling, data circuit providers, etc.) regarding technical implementations during shared projects
- Assist Field Services Manager in properly assigning project resources
- Intelligently discuss projects with C-level executives
- Ensure a smooth technical hand off between project engineer(s) and support engineers
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Minimum 3 years of combined experience in IT within the SMB market
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a service-related industry
- Project Management Experience (PMP certified preferred)
- Ability to balance the big picture of client business objectives with the detail of technical implementations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and independently
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing situations
- Capable of producing excellent results with little or no oversight
- Strong organization skills
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and frequently required to talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Computer use is required on a daily basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This position requires you to work from our office in New Brighton, MN. We will happily accept out of town applications; however, we do not provide relocation assistance.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and a resume to HR@mytech.com if you are interested.
career position posted 10/13/2017