Help Desk MANAGER | Full-TimE
Manager: Branch General Manager
Team: Help Desk Technical Services Team
External: Existing Client Base
Location: New Brighton, MN
What We Do
Mytech Partners, Inc. is a managed services technology company that strives to provide the best IT experience in North America. We work with hundreds of businesses around the country, helping them to grow and providing solutions to their IT challenges. Our clients see us as an extension of their business, so we focus on building unique relationships with each of them, providing vision and strategy for their technology needs, and responding quickly when a technical issue is hindering their work.
Mytech is made up of smart, experienced, hard-working people. We look for team members who are focused on meeting the needs of our clients and are willing to go above and beyond to do so. Our core values of Communication, Happiness, Accountability, and Improvement represent who we are and who we are constantly striving to be. Mytech provides comprehensive employment benefits, including health insurance, PTO and sick time, and 401K match.
As a Help Desk Manager, you’ll be responsible for the smooth operation of Mytech’s Remote & Field Support Team. This requires managing a team of engineers and support staff, as well as coordinating service-related issues with other internal departments. Regular customer interaction will be necessary to facilitate requests and ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction. You will work closely with Mytech leadership to ensure department profitability and process adherence. Mytech Partners is a very customer-centric company, so a thorough knowledge of customer service and a commitment to professionalism will be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of engineers and support staff to promote productivity and efficiency.
- Coach and mentor team members, facilitate quarterly check-ins and annual reviews.
- Hire and train new team members as necessary.
- Develop documentation, procedures, and processes, and validate adherence to them.
- Track service delivery metrics (weekly, monthly, quarterly) and report to Mytech leadership.
- Manage and report profitability of department.
- Oversee staff scheduling and coordinate Help Desk & Field coverage.
- Facilitate team meetings, trainings, and lunch-and-learns.
- Review service requests and time entry to ensure accuracy and accountability.
- Monitor workflow and identify improvements based on problem areas.
- Identify areas of improvement related to support tools, customer satisfaction, and processes.
- Communicate with customers regarding service issues and escalations, as well as proactive follow-up.
- Oversee emergency response execution.
- Communicate pertinent information to internal stakeholders.
- Represent Mytech Partners in a positive, professional, and enthusiastic manner when working with customers and staff.
- Performing other duties as assigned or required.
- Commitment to support and promote Mytech’s mission, vision, and values.
- Bachelor’s Degree or prior Help Desk experience strongly recommended.
- 2-3 years management experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize based on urgency.
- Proven written/oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Flexibility to work and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Outstanding ability to build rapport with customers and direct reports.
- Self-starter that takes initiative and can work independently.
- Flexibility to work before- or after-hours when necessary.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Desire to work on a team.
- Proficiency with technology desired.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, regular attendance and the ability to communicate in a professional manner is necessary. The employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Computer use is required on a daily basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This position requires you to work from our office in New Brighton, MN. We will happily accept out of town applications; however, we do not provide relocation assistance.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and a resume to HR@mytech.com if you are interested.
career position posted 10/13/2017