field Technician | entry-level it Position | TIER I | Full Time
Manager: Depot Manager
Team: Help Desk Technical Services Team
External: Existing Client Base
Location: New Brighton, MN
What We Do
Mytech Partners, Inc. is a managed services technology company that strives to provide the best IT experience in North America. We work with hundreds of businesses around the country, helping them to grow and providing solutions to their IT challenges. Our clients see us as an extension of their business, so we focus on building unique relationships with each of them, providing vision and strategy for their technology needs, and responding quickly when a technical issue is hindering their work.
Mytech is made up of smart, experienced, hard-working people. We look for team members who are focused on meeting the needs of our clients and are willing to go above and beyond to do so. Our core values of Communication, Happiness, Accountability, and Improvement represent who we are and who we are constantly striving to be.
The main focus of this position is to provide Tier 1 onsite support to our managed clients' end users. It will require high-touch customer service, excellent troubleshooting skills, the ability to prioritize and follow-up on daily tasks, and meticulous attention to detail. The ability to communicate clearly, document tasks, and effectively problem-solve are required. There will be certain tasks that require time spent outside of standard business hours, such as an on-call rotation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Onsite support of Mytech Partner’s managed services clients from 8am-5pm, M-F (1 hr unpaid lunch)
- Respond to client service requests and tickets in an efficient and timely manner
- Troubleshoot client technical issues, document steps taken and issue resolution
- Maintain accurate records of hardware inventory and spares (i.e. computers, monitors, cables, etc.)
- Set-up new equipment such as laptops, PCs, and phones
- Escalate service requests as necessary and follow-up on all unresolved requests
- Assist with after-hours emergency support and disaster recovery situations
- Produce documentation for basic IT processes, including new user set-ups, portal access, etc.
- Assist with application updates and patching
- Prior industry experience desired, specifically supporting Microsoft-based workstations
- Ability to concisely document processes, issues, resolutions; strong writing skills required
- Ability to respond with a sense of urgency
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to successfully and effectively work independently and within a team structure
- Self-motivated and responsive to management and clients
- Exceptional ability to develop productive and positive customer relationships
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, regular attendance and the ability to communicate in a professional manner is necessary. The employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Computer use is required on a daily basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This position requires you to work from our office in New Brighton, MN. We will happily accept out of town applications; however, we do not provide relocation assistance.
Salary Range: $15-18/hour (based on qualifications and experience)
Please send a cover letter and a resume to HR@mytech.com if you are interested.
career position posted 05/15/2017